We do our best to accommodate those who are interested in touring the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, whether it is for an intense scientific inquiry or simply to see what type of research goes on at the Center. Tours are appropriate for youth in at least fourth grade and should be requested at least one month in advance.
To find out if we can accommodate your group, please complete the Group Tour Form below.
You may also want to consider having someone from the Center visit your classroom. If so, please go to the Request a Visit by Center Researchers and Students Form page and fill out an application.
- Tours for up to 50 people can be arranged according to the interests and backgrounds of your group.
- A tour of BPCRC allows your group to see the different facilities and to hear directly from some of the scientists who work at the center.
- They will give you background information on their area of expertise and explain some of the science behind their research.
- Typically, large groups are divided into 2 or 3 smaller groups, and a plan is devised to enable all members of the group to visit each session.
- We will structure the tour to address your group's needs. The time spent at BPCRC is usually two hours or less.
Group Tour Application
For any questions, please contact: